Falmouth District Large Gatherings and Events Update
Posted March 12, 2020
I appreciate your patience as we think through all school-related decisions. Today I would like to update you about after school activities. Our decisions are based on guidance from the State and Town to avoid large gatherings and events where our most vulnerable community is engaged.
I am providing you with a list of upcoming events through March 27, 2020. Activities beyond this time will be reviewed and an updated list will be provided.
- March 12 - Choral Booster Meeting will occur as scheduled
- March 12 - Falmouth High School Winter Sports Awards - Teams will meet separately for athletes to receive their awards. At the FHS main entrance, please follow room assignments for each team.
- March 13-14 - Junior Southeast Festival has been canceled
- March 16 - All Choral Night has been canceled*
- March 18 – Math Night for Grades K-2 at Teaticket has been canceled
- March 18: North Falmouth Grade 2 trip to Upper Cape Tech has been canceled
- March 18 - Mullen-Hall Grade 1 Concert has been canceled
- March 19 - Falmouth High School Blood Drive has been canceled
- March 19 - Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) Happy Square Pegs presentation at Mullen-Hall School will occur as scheduled
- March 19 - Falmouth High School Junior Parent Guidance Night has been canceled
- March 20 - Falmouth High School Credit for Life Fair has been postponed
- March 20 - Mullen-Hall PTO Bingo Night has been postponed
- March 20 - East Falmouth Elementary School Spring Dance/Cake Walk has been postponed
- March 20 - Falmouth High School Senior Semi-Formal has been canceled
- March 25 - Teaticket School Grade 1 Concert has been canceled
- March 25 - Mullen-Hall Grade 2 Concert has been canceled
- March 25 – Math Night for Grades 3-4 at East Falmouth School has been canceled
- March 26 – Lawrence Career Fair has been postponed
- March 26 – Falmouth High School French Honor Society Induction has been canceled
- March 27 – Falmouth High School Hypnotist (Freshman Fundraiser) has been canceled
*To allow our students the opportunity to showcase their talents and hard work, in-school performances will be recorded and shared on Falmouth Educational Access Television, channel 14. Specific dates/times when those performances will air will be shared as soon as possible. This includes the March 11 All-Bands Night.
Again, we are making decisions to cancel/postpone after school activities to err on the side of caution, although there is no immediate concern in Falmouth. Our top priority is the safety of our students, staff, and community. I will communicate all updates through family emails, on our website, and on social media.
Should you have any questions about school-related activities, please contact your child’s school.
Thank you for your understanding during these uncertain times.
Superintendent of Schools