September 22, 2023
Dear FPS Families and Staff:
Over the past several years in particular, we have made “belonging” a central focus throughout the Falmouth Public Schools. In every school community, we strive to ensure that every student and adult feels welcome, celebrated, and supported. We believe a strong sense of belonging is an essential component for all to thrive.
In that spirit, we are excited to announce the 2023-24 Falmouth Public Schools Belonging Series – three “learning together” sessions for adults, designed to build a more inclusive learning community. In each interactive session, we will explore what it means to “belong,” as well as steps we can take to foster a greater sense of belonging among everyone in our schools.
We hope you will join us for any or all of the three learning sessions. Portuguese translation will be available. Each session will take place from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at the Falmouth Recreation Center, 790 Main Street, on the following dates:
- Tuesday, October 17, 2023
- Tuesday, January 16, 2024
- Tuesday, April 2, 2024
We are fortunate to welcome back Dr. Kalise Wornum, a renowned educational leader, speaker, and author, to facilitate the Belonging Series.
Participants in the Belonging Series can expect:
- to be led by a skilled and knowledgeable external facilitator
- established guidelines for participation in a safe space to learn together
- opportunities for personal growth
- support in navigating challenging topics
- to learn effective ways to help our students coexist with others in an effort to build positive, supportive learning environments
- to learn about our collective history and cultural perspectives
- to learn how all Falmouth students can thrive in our schools
We are hopeful that the Belonging Series will bring together parents, guardians, teachers, administrators, and other staff to reflect, share, listen, learn, and grow. Please join us for these important conversations!
Dr. Lori Duerr Henry St. Julien
Superintendent Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging