November 12, 2021
Dear Clipper Staff & Families!
How ‘bout those CLIPPERS! Our girls field hockey team is nothing short of impressive! The entire team of CLIPPERS has proudly demonstrated what we mean when we say #IAmACLIPPER! It’s not only the words on their team tees, it’s the culture of their team and the attitude they bring to the field and to the game. After yesterday’s win, our CLIPPERS are moving on to the final four. Give our field hockey team a big cheer!
This weekend is our Falmouth High School Theatre Company’s performance of Twelve Angry Jurors. Come out and see a great play and support our students. Play times are Fri. Nov 12th at 7:00 pm, Sat. Nov 13th at 1:00 pm & 7:00 pm, and Sun. Nov 14th at 1:00 pm. You may purchase tickets at
It was a great turn out for our Clipper Marching Band Step Up Night! Step Up Night is an opportunity for the Lawrence School Band and any Falmouth student, grades 7-12, who is considering joining the FHS band next year to have an experience on the field with our FHS Marching Band. It’s always great fun for our students and audience! We
welcome our new FHS Band Director, Sarah Wheeler. A special thanks for a successful evening goes out to Ms. Wheeler, the Assistant Band Director Madeline Hally, Color Guard Instructor Rachael Paine, and Percussion Instructors Robert Perry and Darrell Morey.
Important COVID-19 Reminder: Please do not come to school if you, as a student or staff member, are experiencing symptoms! Please do not send your child to school if a parent/guardian or sibling has tested positive for COVID-19. Please do not come to school if you are unvaccinated and you’ve been identified as a close contact outside of school.
- If any individual (vaccinated or unvaccinated) is experiencing the following COVID-19 symptoms, they must stay
- Fever (100.0 Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- New cough
- Sore Throat
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Combination with other symptoms: headache, body ache, muscle ache, fatigue, and nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to allergies)
- If you have been identified as a close contact outside of school, you must follow the traditional quarantine If you remain asymptomatic and test negative on day five, then you may return to school on day 8. Or if you choose not to get tested on day 5, then you may return on day 11 as long as you do not develop symptoms.
- If vaccinated, you do not have to follow quarantine However, you must monitor for symptoms for 14 days. Please stay home if you develop symptoms.
Reporting Vaccinations. Please report vaccination information to your school nurse or our COVID Team at 774-392-6477 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Having this information on file assists us in making quarantine decisions when contact tracing is necessary. Vaccinated asymptomatic staff and students do not have to quarantine.
Vaccine Clinics. Our 5-11 year old students are eligible for the Pfizer vaccine. FPS is fortunate to have the Falmouth VNA (Visiting Nurse Association) offer vaccination clinics at our four elementary schools and Morse Pond School. Please use the link associated with your school to sign your child up for the vaccination. You will receive an email receipt for a specific time. A consent form will be sent to you by email. The completed consent form should be sent to your school nurse in advance of the vaccination date. A parent/guardian or designated adult may join the student during vaccination. It is not required to have an adult present as we will have caring school staff members with your child during the vaccination. If you have questions, please contact our COVID Team at 774-392-6477.
Thursday 11/18 (1st dose) and Thursday 12/9 (2nd dose)
North Falmouth Elementary from 10-11 AM
Teaticket Elementary from 12:30-1:30 PM
East Falmouth Elementary from 2:00-3:00 PM
Friday 11/19 (1st dose) and Friday 12/10 (2nd dose)
Morse Pond School 12:30-1:30 PM
Mullen Hall School 2:00-3:00 PM
Thank you for your support in keeping our students and staff safe. Have a wonderful weekend! Sincerely,
Lori Duerr, Ed.D.
Falmouth Public Schools