LAW School Council Meeting Minutes 5-13-2019
Lawrence School Council Meeting
Monday, May 13, 2019
Meeting began at 5:00
Members in attendance
Thomas Bushy, Principal and Chairperson
- Francine Daggett, community rep
- Grace Simpkins, parent rep
- Brian Connolly, teacher rep
- Sean Sullivan, parent rep
- Cheryl Giardi, parent rep
Approval of March (modified) and April Meeting Minutes - Minutes were approved
All School Art Show
- Outstanding event. The art teachers made sure that there was at least one piece of art from each student.
- They set up Wed/Thursday before and nothing was damaged. Speaks to great kids at school
- Follow-up on Feedback from Student Handbook – Thank you
- Paws of Behavior – added to the book pending School Committee review
- Pass to Advance – added to the book pending School Committee review (This program was piloted last year 7th to 8th. This year piloting 8th-9th. Bushy has met with folks from HS to make sure it is a seamless process/transition.)
Lawrence School Updates
- Lawrence School Track
- Momentum is building. Student on warrant committee is working on a Falmouth Road Race grant for a 200 m track at Lawrence. Grant deadline is June 1st.
- There used to be a track here and they would try to put it in the same spot.
- The place where it would go would only impact the pop warner E team and the 3rd and 4th graders for lacrosse.
- Tennis Court Approved at Town Meeting
- One neighbor is opposed due to increased traffic and thinking the courts are in good shape.
School Council Comments
- Review/Feedback: “Be in the Know”
- Bushy took notes on edits
School Council June Meeting
- Elections for 2019/2020 School Council Members (2 positions)
- Pizza – Volunteers for sides/dessert/soda/paper products
Meeting adjourned at 5:45
The next School Council Meeting is scheduled for June 3, 2019
Pride, Respect, Responsibility, Compassion