A Community Committed to Excellence: Every Student. Every Day.
Lawrence School Council Meeting Minutes
Monday, June 6, 2022
5:11 – 5:43 p.m.
Thomas Bushy - Principal/Chair
Carmela Mayeski - Teacher Rep/Secretary
Francine Daggett-Community Rep/Co-chair
o The meeting minutes were reviewed and approved by Council members.
o EDI (Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) group has worked a great deal to promote the history and heritage months.
▪ Activities in advisory and Front Window display
▪ Active for advocating for EL students.
▪ Advise the Racial Justice Group (CECA-Current Events, Cultural affairs)- sent 2 students to the Cape Cod Human Rights Academy
▪ Advised the wording for the new Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging position for the district
o End of year activities:
▪ Team 4 and 5 team trips are coming up, Team 6 has already gone
▪ Grade 7 are all going to Martha’s Vineyard
▪ Acapella group Hyannis Sound coming to perform a concert on 15th
▪ Juneteenth Celebration (21st) Authors coming to present (Carole Boston Weatherford and Jeffrey Boston Weatherford) with cookout in the afternoon
▪ Grade 7 teams are planning something same day of Water Wizz (28th)
▪ Dodgeball Friday 10, 2022.
▪ Friday, 24th-Dress Up Dance
▪ Monday, 27th-Grade 8 Scavenger Hunt
▪ Monday, 27th-Awards Night/Student Recognition
▪ Review of “Be in the Know” document revisions
o Four meetings are required for next year, 6 will potentially be scheduled
o Further dates will be scheduled over the summer
Meeting adjourned at 5:43 p.m.