- Falmouth Public Schools
December 2, 2021
Dear Clipper Staff & Families,
Music plays such an important role in our schools! The FPS Music Department will once again provide our Falmouth School Community with entertainment for all ages as we move into the holiday season. We hope you can join us!
December 9, 2021| FHS Instrumental Music Concert | 7:00 - 8:30 PM
December 13, 2021 | Lawrence School Winter Concert | 6:30 - 8:00 PM
December 16, 2021 | FHS Choral Concert | 7:00 - 8:00 PM
COVID-19 Update: As wonderful as the holiday season is, it also brings us COVID related concerns. Since our Thanksgiving break we have seen an uptick in cases across the district. Fortunately, many of the cases this week have not required contact tracing since students were not in school.
However, our health experts have reminded us we should expect an increase in cases through mid-January. Last year, our case numbers were the highest of the school year from November through January. I thank you in advance for your support and understanding as we reinforce our protocols in order to keep students in school. I would expect an increase of Test & Stay occurrences over the next few weeks. The Test & Stay program has kept hundreds of students in school already this year. I’m grateful we have this program.
Please remember staff and students must stay home if they are experiencing COVID like symptoms to prevent potential exposure to others.
- If any individual (vaccinated or unvaccinated) is experiencing the following COVID-19 symptoms, they must stay home.
- Fever (100.0 Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- New cough
- Sore Throat
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Combination with other symptoms: headache, body ache, muscle ache, fatigue, and nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to allergies)
Please remember unvaccinated staff and students who are exposed to a COVID positive individual outside of school must stay home and follow the quarantine protocols.
- If you have been identified as a close contact outside of school, you must follow the traditional quarantine If you remain asymptomatic and test negative on day five, then you may return to school on day 8. Or if you choose not to get tested on day 5, then you may return on day 11 as long as you do not develop symptoms.
Please remember all vaccinated staff and students need to monitor for symptoms if exposed to a COVID positive individual.
- If vaccinated, you do not have to follow quarantine protocols. However, you must monitor for symptoms for 14 days. Please stay home if you develop symptoms.
Reporting Vaccinations. Please report vaccination information to your school nurse or our COVID Team at 774-392-6477 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Having this information on file assists us in making quarantine decisions when contact tracing is necessary. Vaccinated asymptomatic staff and students do not have to quarantine.
Vaccine Clinics. We are in the process of scheduling an after school clinic for our 5-11 year old students with the Barnstable County Department of Health. We will send you information as soon as it is confirmed.
The second dose for our students who participated in the Falmouth VNA (Visiting Nurse Association) vaccination clinics will receive their second doses next week on Thursday, December 9 or Friday, December 10. See schools and times listed below. If you have questions, please contact our COVID Team at 774-392-6477.
Second Dose Thursday 12/9
North Falmouth Elementary from 10-11 AM
Teaticket Elementary from 12:30-1:30 PM
East Falmouth Elementary from 2:00-3:00 PM
Second Dose Friday 12/10 (NOTE TIME CHANGES)
Morse Pond School 9:00 AM-10:30 AM
Mullen Hall School 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Falmouth Holidays by the Sea. This weekend Falmouth is kicking off the holiday season and our students are part of the celebration. Our Band and Vocal students will be performing separately downtown during the Village Stroll Saturday evening between 4:00-6:00 PM. And our Falmouth High School Clipper Marching Band and Lawrence Band will be marching in the parade on Sunday beginning at noon. Join us for some holiday cheer and enjoy our student performances.
Lori Duerr, Ed.D.
Falmouth Public Schools