Peek of the Week March 2 - March 6
East Falmouth Elementary
Peek of the Week
March 2 - March 6
- Monday, March 2 - February Reading Challenge Sheets due! They March sheets will be sent home today!
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - The YMCA is available for K-4 students who are currently registered. If you are not registered, please contact email@example.com Lunch will be served for all children. All K-4 children will be dismissed at 12:40PM. Only AM Preschool will attend. YMCA is not available for Preschool students. AM Preschool will be dismissed at 12:30pm.
- Tuesday, March 3 - Community Meeting at 9:15 - Kick Off for Read Across America. Please have students wear EF Spirit Wear or No Guff t-shirts.
- Wednesday, March 4 - EF School Council Meeting - 5:30pm.
- Wednesday, March 4 - EF PTO Meeting - 6:30pm - FPS School Committee members will be here to present and review the districts Core Values.
- Thursday, March 5 - FSC Fresh Market from 3:45-4:45 in the EF School Cafeteria
To celebrate Read Across America we will have all students at school Drop Everything And Read on Monday at 9:15-9:30. We are going to have the students sit in the hallways so that they can see everyone doing the same thing! Staff included. Also, during our Community Meeting we will share our first "Bedtime Story" which is a video of a staff member reading and modeling a bedtime story from their home. These "Bedtime Stories" will be posted daily beginning on Tuesday in a Peek of the Week - Special Daily Edition for as long as we have videos to share. There will be a link that will enable you to watch the video with your child. We will also make these videos available at school during DEAR time.
Parents as Partners: We had a special evening last night and were able to have a positive discussion about our routines and procedures as well as share all of our upcoming events. I will be summarizing that meeting and sharing results next week! Our next Parents as Partners meeting may be occurring in the morning to support parents who may like to have the same opportunity during that time. We are looking at the possibility of a Parents as Partners meeting in April. With Coffee and Donuts.
Falmouth Public Schools Elementary Math Coaching Corner
The Office of Teaching and Learning is happy to announce our first Family Math Game Night: two nights of family fun centered around math!
All grade K-2 families are invited to Teaticket Elementary School on Wednesday, March 18 from 6:00-7:00 PM to explore and play a wide variety of games together that support math learning.
All grade 3 and 4 families are invited to East Falmouth Elementary School on Wednesday, March 25 from 6:00-7:00 PM to play a wide variety of games together that support math learning.
Guests will find multiple tables -- each equipped with a game, a poster of simplified instructions, and a roving facilitator to encourage and support families as they try out different games together. Each family will leave the night with a deck of cards donated by the Falmouth Education Foundation.
Look for more information in the March Newsletter!
The purpose of Family Game Night is to have fun and bring generations together through play! Therefore, each child MUST stay close to their adult at all times.
Space is limited, so please RSVP to shorturl.at/tKST2
to reserve your spots at Family Game Night!
See you there!
Robin Bowerman & Stacey Strong
Kindergarten Registration - Entering September 2020
INCLUDES FIRST GRADE REGISTRATION FROM PRIVATE KINDERGARTEN AND CURRENT PRESCHOOL STUDENTS IN THE FALMOUTH PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Mullen Hall School 130 Katharine Lee Bates Road 508-548-0220
- North Falmouth Elementary 62 Old Main Road 508-563-2334
- Teaticket Elementary 45 Maravista Ave Ext. 508-548-1550
- East Falmouth Elementary 33 Davisville Road 508-548-1052
- Please register at your home school.
Monday, April 27, 2020 to Friday, May 1, 2020 8:15am to 3:45pm
Thursday, April 30, 2020 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Dismissal plans should remain as consistent as possible. Parent pick up will be done by grade level in the cafeteria beginning with kindergarten parents entering the building first. All parents are requested to enter into one door and exit out the other on the opposite side.
SAFE ARRIVAL: Please remember to call our safe arrival line no later that 9:15 to report and absence or tardy. The number is 508-548-1052 ext.4. Also, if you are going on vacation please send a note with detailed dates to your child's teacher. Thank you for helping us keep track of all students!
YMCA - If you need to have your child attend the YMCA, they are registered, and you forgot to give them a note in the morning, please call Joe Remillard at 508-362-6500. or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Falmouth Public Schools Lunch Menus/My School Bucks Program – Information regarding the Grab N Go breakfast, Lunch menus and costs maybe found at: https://www.falmouth.k12.ma.us/Page/762
If you would like to setup a pre-paid My School Bucks account for your child’s lunch or breakfast, please go to: https://www.falmouth.k12.ma.us/Page/763
Dr. Justine M. Dale – Principal – email@example.com
Lori Andrade – Asst. Principal/Elementary Literacy Manager, FPS – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridget Janerico – Admin. Assistant to the Principal – email@example.com
Lucia DaSilva – Preschool/Special Education Admin. Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffani Towle – School Adjustment Counselor – email@example.com
Lori Weseman – School Nurse – firstname.lastname@example.org
EF School Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/eastfalmouthschool
Phone: 508-548-1052 (dial 4 for Safe Arrival) Fax: 508-548-0301