Falmouth Public School COVID-19 Symptoms Guidelines
Keep your student home if they are having any of the symptoms listed below
Notify the Public Health Nurse, Jennifer Reissfelder at 774-392-6477 or email@example.com
COVID-19 Signs & Symptoms
- Fever (100.0 F or higher), chills
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough/asthma)
- Difficulty breathing, SOB (shortness of breath)
- New loss of taste or smell
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Fatigue when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
If your student is symptomatic, they should remain home and self-isolate. Please notify their physician of their symptoms and to obtain a referral for COVID-19 testing.
If your student arrives at the Health Office with complaints of any of the symptoms listed above they will be placed in the Medical Waiting Room, sent home and referred to their pediatrician.
If your student has any of the symptoms listed above and/or has a COVID-19 test pending, we ask that you also keep the household members home who are also part of the Falmouth School District. Once the symptomatic child has been seen by pediatrician, produces an alternative diagnosis or produces a Negative COVID-19 test, then the siblings/parents may return back to school as long as they are healthy.
If your student has a chronic condition (migraines, GI issues, allergies, anxiety ect.)
please provide the Health Office with an updated PCP note with an alternative diagnosis.
When your student my return:
- Student tests Negative
- Return to school once 24 hours have passed with no fever and improvement of symptoms and without the use of fever reducing medications.
- Student tests Positive
- Remain home in self-isolation for 10 days and until at least 24 hours have passed with no fever and improvement of symptoms and without use of fever reducing medications.
- Student is not tested
- Remain home in self-isolation for 10 days from symptom onset, then return once 24 hours have passed with no fever and improvement of symptoms and without use of fever reducing medications.
All students who have reported symptoms of COVID-19 or have been tested for COVID-19 must be cleared by the Public Health Nurse before returning to school.
For any questions/concerns related to COVID-19 please contact the Public Health Nurse, Jennifer Reissfelder at 774-392-6477or firstname.lastname@example.org