Free Meals to Our Qualifying Students
Posted March 27, 2020If you have received grab-and-go meals this past week, there is no change for next week.Pick up times for 2 days' worth of meals will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11am-12 noon. Meals will be distributed from school vans parked in front of:
- East Falmouth School
- Teaticket School
- Mullen Hall
- Falmouth High School (North Falmouth, Lawrence, and Morse Pond students should consider this location)
If this is a new concern for your family, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you absolutely require delivery due to a lack of transportation, please contact us as well. We need to minimize the risk to staff/volunteers and want to make sure that delivery is an absolute necessity for your children to get fed. If you no longer require delivery, please let us know too.
Our thanks go out to you, our staff, and community members that are working together in collaboration to provide these services to our students!
Reproduced in part with permission from Falmouth Human Services
FALMOUTH SERVICE CENTER
The Falmouth Service Center is CLOSED through the end of this week. Please check their website at http://www.falmouthservicecenter.org/ and Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FalmouthServiceCenter/ for updated information on food distribution for next week.
Should you need assistance: Falmouth Human Services continues to be available to the residents of Falmouth during the COVID-19 crisis. Staff social workers are available by phone to assist with any human service needs that arise during this crisis. If you need assistance navigating resources, have questions about basic needs, or are in need of mental health support, please call their office for assistance at 508-548-0533 between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Project Bread’s FoodSource Hotline
Hotline 1-800-645-8333 is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday from 10:00am to 2:00pm to answer any questions regarding SNAP Benefits (all sign-ups are going through DTA at this time) or visit http://www.projectbread.org/
Mental Health Resources:
- Managing Stress and Anxiety - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety
- Mental Health America - https://www.virusanxiety.com/
- Mental Health America - https://mhanational.org/covid19
- Parent Caregiver Guide To Helping Families Cope - https://www.nctsn.org/resources/parent-caregiver-guide-to-helping-families-cope-with-the-coronavirus-disease-2019
We are in this together and help is always available. If you are feeling alone and struggling, the following crisis and support lines are available to listen. All calls are free and confidential. You do not need to be suicidal to call. Simply needing a safe space to talk through your emotions during this challenging time.
- BAYCOVE EMERGENCY SERVICES – If you are in crisis please call Baycove for mental health crisis intervention services at 800-229-2683 or dial 911
- THE PARENTAL STRESS LINE – “PARENTS HELPING PARENTS” – available 24/7 in all languages 1-800-632-8188
- SAFELINK – Massachusetts statewide domestic violence support and resources: 24/7 helpline 877-785-2020
- FALMOUTH HUMAN SERVICES – Town Social Workers are available at 508-548-0533 Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm to answer any human service-related questions and to provide support to Falmouth residents who are struggling with their emotional health during this challenging time.
Mass Health Enrollment:
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, an extended enrollment period is available through April 25, 2020 for qualified Massachusetts residents who are uninsured. Call (877) MA-ENROLL or go to https://www.mahealthconnector.org/, or for assistance from a MA Health Navigator Call Community Action of Cape Cod at 508-771-1727.
WAYS TO HELP IN FALMOUTH:
- Neighborhood Falmouth has volunteer opportunities. CORI checks are required. Contact Director Susan Loucks at email@example.com
- Falmouth Meals on Wheels delivery opportunities. CORI checks are required. Contact Karen at 508-548-4198, Monday-Friday, 8am-1pm.