Instrumental Music Program
Information, Repairs, Rental, Contacts
PLEASE BE CERTAIN STUDENT’S NAME, IS ON THE CASE, MUSIC FOLDER, AND FRONT OF METHOD BOOK
Band (Available Grades 4-12) & Jazz Band (Available Grades 5-12)
A Music & Arts Co. Representative, comes to our schools on a regular schedule. If students /parents from one of our elementary schools needs the Music & Arts Rep to pick up an instrument for repair, deliver reeds, get a new saxophone strap, valve oil, etc., they will go to that school if notified in advance. Just reference your contract information or email your school music teacher with your request.
If you are renting an instrument that might need repair, an instrument will be given to you while yours is being repaired. Please contact our Music & Arts rep in advance so that they can bring a replacement. If you are renting, there is no charge for repair. If you own it, the rep will also bring a loaner at no cost when he/she picks up your owned instrument. Before repair has begun, a call will be made to you to explain the repair and cost to ask if you want the repair done.
Clarinet & Saxophone students will always need 2 extra spare reeds in their case. Without a good reed, the instrument will not play well & may not play at all.
Reeds: Beginners need 2 or 2/1/2 size reeds. Intermediate and advanced students require size 3 or 3 &1/2 size reeds (Rico Royal, Vandoren, or Mitchell Lurie brand.)
Brass students must have valve oil.
For students in the 4th grade After School Instrumental Music Program, please help your child remember to always bring their instrument and book to rehearsal and to encourage him/her to practice a few times a week. This will result in joy and success!
Strings/Chamber Strings (Violin, Viola, Cello, Upright Bass, Guitar - Available Grades 5-12)
- Our students/parents typically deal directly with Johnson Strings
- If you are renting an instrument that might need repair, an instrument can be provided by Johnson Strings while yours is being repaired if requested. Please call Johnson Strings in advance so that they can arrange a replacement.
- Strings: Students will occasionally break strings on their instrument while tuning and/or playin the instrument. Please consider purchasing an extra set of strings so your student does not miss too many rehearsals.
- Rosin is also typically required to be used on the Bow. This usually comes with the rental or purchase but make sure you have a block of rosin for bow maintenance.
- For students in the an After School program, please help your child remember to bring instrument and book to school and encourage him/her to practice a few times a week. This will result in joy and success!
Please do not hesitate to contact your school's instrumental music teacher if you have a question or concern. Your child is very important to us!
- FHS (Grades 9-12) – Sarah Wheeler
- Lawrence Jr. High (Grades 7-8) – Madeline Hally (Band)
- Steven Edwards (Strings)
- Morse Pond (Grades 6-6) – Tom Borning
- Mullen Hall Elementary – Kari Fietek
- East Falmouth Elementary - Monique Lafreniere
- Teaticket Elementary - Marjorie Huelsman
- North Falmouth Elementary - Korey Charles