Falmouth School Committee Goals 2020-2021
Goal #1: COVID-19 Communication
Falmouth School Committee will support the superintendent in efforts to keep schools safe, open, and students engaged during in-person or remote learning, as appropriate. Falmouth School Committee will support the Falmouth Public Schools’ communication around COVID-19 with openness and transparency, including presentations and information sharing from community experts.
- Invite community members who are health and safety experts to present at school committee meetings.
- Identify and outreach to key groups within the community and share resources.
Measure of Success:
- School Committee meeting agendas that document participation from health and safety experts.
- Monthly (or as needed) communication with identified key community groups, e.g, emails, meeting presentations, video, newspaper, FCTV.
- Survey results from the Falmouth Public Schools community (coordinate with the Superintendent around question development).
Falmouth School Committee will build a foundation of knowledge and understanding around equity, access, inclusion, diversity, and systemic racism.
- Define the terms: equity, access, inclusion, diversity, and systemic racism.
- Read a book, watch a video, and/or participate in a webinar focused on equity, access, inclusion, diversity, and systemic racism, e.g. White Fragility. Other resources to be provided.
- Share educational resources between school committee members.
- Participate in Cultural Responsiveness training.
- Invite the Wampanoag Tribe to present to the school community.
- Be active members in the “Building Partnerships for Native Students” committee organized by Nicole Bartlett.
- Participate in crafting the Affirmative Action/Diversity Coordinator Job Description
- g., solicit public input; offer school committee input; participate in the Town/School working group.
- Continue to have a school committee representative on the Affirmative Action committee.
- Participate in the March 2, 2021 training with Dr. Kalise Wornum.
- Identify a consultant to facilitate conversations around equity, access, inclusion, diversity, and systemic racism among school committee members.
Measure of Success:
- Definition of terms
- Explored educational resources
- Agendas from school committee meetings and sub-committee meetings that reflect key actions
- Facilitated discussion with a consultant and school committee members