KF-R: Community Use of School Facilities
The use of school buildings, grounds, equipment, and facilities will be authorized by the Superintendent in conformity with the following regulations, which have been approved by the School Committee.
- Requests for the use of school facilities will be made at the office of the Superintendent at least 14 days prior to the date of use.
- School facilities may not be used for individual, private, or commercial purposes.
- Requests for school facilities must be cleared with the building Principal or the Superintendent or both, should the nature of the request so justify.
- School-related groups will be permitted reasonable use of school facilities without charge.
- All activities must be under competent adult supervision approved by the Superintendent and the Principal of the building involved. When necessary, an assigned school employee will be present. The group using the facilities will be responsible for any damage to the building or equipment.
- Groups receiving permission are restricted to the dates and hours approved and to the building area and facilities specified, unless requested changes are approved by the Superintendent.
- Groups receiving permission are responsible at all times for the observance of fire and safety requirements.
- Use of tobacco products within the building and school grounds is not permitted. Permission for the possession and sale of alcoholic beverages may be granted to a nonprofit organization, which is properly licensed, only by the School Committee.
- Proper liability insurance will be required of all groups given permission to use school facilities.
- In situations where there is no cost factor to the school district, or in situations where a mutual exchange of facilities is possible between the school district and the organization, rates may be modified or eliminated by the Superintendent. In situations where extended usage for a long period of time is required, rates may be set at a contract price.
- The District reserves the right to cancel any permission granted.