KF: Community Use of School Facilities
It is the School Committee's desire that maximum use of school property be enjoyed by the citizens of Falmouth. It is the Committee's intent that such use will maintain safe conditions and preserve the property for school program use.
Use of school buildings and other facilities by organizations will be permitted only when a worthy educational, civic, or charitable purpose will be served; or a substantial group of citizens from the community will be benefited.
School facilities will be used according to the procedures developed by the Superintendent. The School Committee approves rental fee schedules recommended by the Superintendent.
Permission for the use of facilities must be obtained through the office of the Superintendent of Schools, where applications are available for this purpose.
School facilities will be available for the following:
- Public school activities
- Parent-teacher activities
- Official Town Public Hearings, Town Meetings, and Town Elections
- Meetings and activities sponsored by the School Committee and school personnel
- Recreation Department activities
- Local nonprofit and noncommercial organization activities
- Metropolitan civic, educational, social, and religious organization activities if a substantial portion of the members are residents of the town
- The activities of other organizations when approved by the Superintendent or designee
School and Town Preference
The priority given requests for use of school facilities will be as follows:
- School activities
- Town meetings and elections
- Recreation Department
- Community Activities
LEGAL REFS.: M.G.L. 71:71; 71:71B; 272:40A
CROSS REF.: JP, Student Gifts and Solicitations
KHA, Public Solicitations in the Schools