IJOA: Field Trip Policy
Field trips can bring the school and the community closer together, which can result in real life experiences that enrich the curriculum for students and also bring about better public relations. The School Committee will also encourage field trips as an integral part of the instructional programs in the schools.
The Superintendent will establish regulations to assure that
- All students have permission from a parent or guardian for trips.
- All trips are properly supervised.
- All safety precautions are observed.
- All trips contribute substantially to the educational program.
- All trips allow student access without regard of family ability to pay.
All out-of-state or extended (overnight) trips and excursions, except those required for student participation in tournament competition or contests, must have advance approval of the School Committee. Fundraising activities for such trips will be subject to approval by the appropriate Administrator.
CROSS REF.: JJH, Policy Relating to Field Trips Involving Late Night or Overnight Travel