DA: Fiscal Management Goals
The quantity and quality of learning programs are directly dependent on the effective, efficient management of allocated funds. It follows that achievement of the school district's purposes can best be achieved through excellent fiscal management.
As trustee of local, state, and federal funds allocated for use in public education, the School Committee will fulfill its responsibility to see that these funds are used wisely for achievement of the purposes to which they are allocated.
It is essential that the district take specific action to make sure education remains central and that fiscal matters are ancillary and contribute to the educational program. This concept will be incorporated into School Committee operations and into all aspects of school district management and operation.
In the school district's fiscal management, it is the School Committee’s intent:
- To engage in thorough advance planning, with staff and community involvement, in order to develop budgets and to guide expenditures so as to achieve the greatest educational returns and the greatest contributions to the educational program in relation to dollars expended.
- To establish levels of funding that will provide high quality education for students.
- To use the best available techniques for budget development and management.
- To provide timely and appropriate information to all staff with fiscal management responsibilities.
- To establish maximum efficiency procedures for all areas of fiscal management.