BDE: Subcommittees of the School Committee
The School Committee shall appoint members to subcommittees after their annual organizational meeting for a period of one year. These subcommittees may be created for a specific purpose and to make recommendations for Committee action.
- The subcommittee will be established through action of the Committee.
- The Committee Chair, subject to approval by the Committee, will appoint the subcommittee chair and its members.
- The subcommittee will be provided with a list of its functions and duties.
- The subcommittee may make recommendations for Committee action, but it may not act for the School Committee.
- All subcommittees of the School Committee are subject to the provisions of the Open Meeting Law.
LEGAL REF.: M.G.L. 30A:18-25
CROSS REF.: BEC, Executive Sessions