AE Accountability/Commitment to Accomplishment
The School Committee accepts ultimate responsibility for all facets of school operations. Because it is accountable to residents of the District, the School Committee will maintain a program of accountability consisting of the following elements:
- Clear statements of expectations and purpose as these relate to operations, programs, departments, and positions.
- Provisions for the staff, resources, and support necessary to achieve stated expectations and purposes, subject to financial support by residents of the
- Evaluation of operations and instructional and staff development programs to determine how well expectations and purposes are being
- Specific performance objectives to enable individuals to direct their own efforts to the goals and objectives of the
- Evaluation of the efforts of employees in line with stated objectives, with the first purpose of evaluation being to help each individual make a maximum contribution to the goals of the
Every effort will be made by the School Committee, Superintendent, and staff to fulfill the responsibilities inherent in the concept of accountability.