School and Home Communication
School and home communication is vitally important. Here are some of the ways we will connect with you:
- Teacher-based communication: you can expect to hear about your child’s classroom happenings about once a week through newsletters, blogs, or web pages. If you have any concerns, do not hesitate to contact the teacher by sending a note with your child.
- Teacher Conferences: You may request a conference at any time; however, this is formally offered once a year in the fall.
- Principal Newsletters: one a month
- School website
- District website
- Community-based information, events, services are passed along through the school and sent home as notices in your child’s backpack or via email.
- Meet the Teacher Night: In the fall, your child’s teacher will share the grade level curriculum expectations with you.
- Classroom- or school-based learning-connected activities such as literacy celebrations or art shows
In addition, we encourage families to raise any questions and/or concerns. We want to work collaboratively with you to find mutually satisfying solutions that we can incorporate into classroom practice. For our children to reach their potential, there needs to be a strong partnership between families and teachers.