Lunch and Recess
Lunch and milk are available from each school’s cafeteria. A monthly menu is available at the school’s main office and on the Falmouth Public Schools website. All kindergarten students eat lunch together as a grade level. Recess is also conducted with the grade level. There are always staff members on duty who have two-way radios to contact the school's main office in the event that there is an emergency.
Bringing Lunch from Home
If you choose to have your child bring lunch from home each day, to keep it cold, we recommend (1) bringing food in an insulated lunch bag with a frozen gel pack or frozen juice box; (2) freezing the sandwiches overnight (will thaw by lunchtime but keep cold until then); or (3) packing the foods in a cooler with ice or other cold source.
Free and Reduced Price School Meals
At the beginning of the school year, you will have the opportunity to apply for free or reduced-price lunch and/or breakfast. Please refer to the Student-Parent/Guardian Handbook that you will receive at the start of school for more information on how to apply.
You can send in prepayment monies at any time. We recommend that parents send in checks rather than cash. Checks are to be made payable to Falmouth School Lunch.
When sending a prepayment, please include the student’s name and ID number on the face of the check.
Online Prepayment System
Falmouth Public Schools Food Services Department is excited to provide families a convenient, easy, and secure online prepayment service to deposit money into your child’s school meal account at any time. This service also provides families the ability to view your child's account balance through a website called MySchoolBucks. By having money in each child's account prior to entering the cafeteria, we find the lunch lines move along much faster, so your child has more time to eat and be with friends. Also, families will have the ability to print out a copy of their child's eating history report. This history report will show you all dates and times that your child has purchased a breakfast and/or lunch within the past thirty days. To access these services:
- Simply go to the district website at falmouth.k12.ma.us
- Click on Departments → Finance & Facilities → Food Services
- Click on the MySchoolBucks Login. From this site you will create your account and add money to your child's school meal account. All you need is your child's name, Locally-Assigned Student Identifier number (LASID) (you may find this number on your child’s Picture ID or by contacting The Food Service Office 508-548-0151, extension 136). The instructions listed below will guide you through the easy online account set up process.
Things to know:
- If you have more than one child in the District, you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- Payments may be made through an existing PayPal account or with a major credit or debit card.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is per deposit transaction. Families placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the fee once per deposit transaction. Falmouth Public Schools will not profit from the use of this site.