Kindergarten Admission and Health Requirements
A child may enter kindergarten in Falmouth if he or she is five years of age on or before August 31 of that school year. In addition, the following is required before the child can begin school:
- A birth certificate (Baptismal certificate is acceptable) to verify that the child is five years of age on or before August 31 of that current year.
- Proof of Residence - Copy of front page of purchase and sales agreement, lease agreement, or latest electric/gas bill stating the address.
- Proof of up-to-date immunizations*. Under Chapter 76, Section 15, of the General Laws of Massachusetts, the minimum requirements are:
- Five (5) immunizations of Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (DTaP) unless the fourth dose was given after the child's fourth birthday, in which case four doses will suffice.
- Four (4) doses of Polio Vaccine (OPV or IPV).
- Two (2) combined immunizations of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR).
- Three (3) doses of Hepatitis B.
- Two (2) doses of Varicella.
- One (1) Lead Test result (must be copy from a physician).
- Complete physical examination performed anytime within one year prior to entry in September.
* Please contact your School Nurse with any questions regarding up-to-date immunizations for your child.