Technology is an integral part of the Falmouth Public Schools’ core values and elevates teaching and learning as well as excellence in education. The Falmouth Public Schools’ Computer Network, FalTech, is established for the educational and professional use of students, faculty, and staff ("Users"). FalTech is inclusive of all software, hardware, interconnectivity services, and Internet access used by the school community, including third party services that act as extensions of the District's internal network. This technology and Responsible Use Policy (the "Policy") is intended to govern users with respect to FalTech and the Internet.
G Suite for Education - Parent/Guardian Information
Falmouth Public Schools actively monitors all student activity within our Google domain, and we ensure that our use of Google complies with both the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). There is no presence of advertising within Falmouth Public Schools’ Google Apps Domain, and no personal student information is collected for commercial purposes. All student use of G Suite for Education must follow the District’s established Responsible Use Policy, which is available on our website.
The following services are available to students:
- Google Drive: A digital storage tool that allows students to save work in the ‘cloud’ and access it where there is an Internet signal. Each student has storage, which will stay with the student until graduation.
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides: A suite of applications for creating, editing, and sharing word processing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Google Keep: A tool that allows students to create electronic sticky notes to help keep them organized.
- Google Classroom: A blended learning platform for students and teachers to create, distribute, and manage classroom assignments in an electronic way.
- Google Calendar: A calendar that can be used to enter events with the potential to be shared with others.
- Google Sites: A web page creation software that allows the user to build a site to display and share information. This is for students in grades 7-12 when approved to use for classroom projects.
- Gmail: Allows students to send messages to other students and teachers within Falmouth Public Schools. This application will be managed so that only internal communication is allowed. Only for students in grades 5 - 12.
Using these tools, students create, edit, and share files for school related projects with other students and teachers. These services are entirely online and available 24/7 from any Internet-connected device.