The National Junior Art Honors Society is a honors program designed to bring attention to Art in Education and also to our outstanding art students within their community. Members learn the value of holding themselves to a high academic and social standard by maintaining honor roll status and participating in fundraising opportunities and community service events all while having fun outside the classroom.
NJAHS students will be able to participate in special events designed exclusively for NJAHS students, such as hands on pottery wheel workshops taught by visiting artists, off site workshops, trips, fundraising for future events as well as community art service projects.
Our NJAHS program is supported by our affiliation with the National Art Education Association.
Students are required to
- Maintain an "A" in Art class
- Maintain a "B" in all other classes
- Be recommended by their current Art teacher and Team teachers as having a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Maintain a good discipline record in the school and community
- Attend meetings on the 1st Wednesday of each month. (This is mandatory)
- Participate in fundraising events (6hrs per school year)
- Participate in community service (8hrs per school year)
Additionally, ALL members must attend the June meeting to finalize the member list for the coming year, elect officers, exchange contact information and discuss the group goals for the coming school year.
If you have any questions, please contact Karyn Phares the 8th grade Art teacher and advisor to NJAHS