Pumpkin Globe Directions
- OBJECTIVES: Students will create colorful, 3D representations of our world accurately identifying & placing the equator, prime meridian, 7 continents, and 5 oceans.
FINAL PROJECT TO BE BROUGHT INTO CLASS ON MONDAY OCTOBER 30, 2017.
- Use a rubber band around the center of the pumpkin (both horizontally and vertically) to accurately place the equator and the Prime Meridian. Place it carefully BEFORE you trace it!
- Draw your own continent-shapes to accurately place the 7 continents.Small continent template sent home with kiddos.
(You do NOT need to add small islands such as Hawaii or Madagascar.)
- Decorate your continents any way you like. The more creative, the better. Some suggestions are:
- markers (although this can be messy and don’t use washable ones)
- Glue and sand
- Label the 7 continents and 5 oceans. Don’t use a pointy pen or you will go through the pumpkin! Sharpies work best. If the material you use will not allow you to write on it, you MUST HAVE A KEY!
LOOK AT THE RUBRIC BELOW TO SEE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET AN A!
Equator ACCURATELY placed and labeled
Prime Meridian ACCURATELY placed and labeled
All 7 continents ACCURATELY placed and labeled
All 5 oceans ACCURATELY placed and labeled
Neat, not rushed, obvious time was put into project