COVID-19 Exposure and Testing
If your child tests positive or has been exposed to a COVID-positive individual, call the district COVID Team at (774) 392-6477 immediately. If you receive positive test results outside of school hours, contact your school principal by email.
Please submit any COVID test results or COVID vaccine information to the COVID team email at COVIDTEAM@falmouth.k12.ma.us
You may report vaccination information to our COVID Team at 774-392-6477 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Having this information on file assists us in making quarantine decisions when contact tracing is necessary. Vaccinated asymptomatic staff and students do not have to quarantine.
Masks in Schools. As a reminder, Commissioner Riley has mandated all school staff and students age 5 and above wear masks indoors through at least February 28, 2022.
COVID-19 Symptoms. If any individual (vaccinated or unvaccinated) is experiencing the following symptoms, they must follow the testing and quarantine response protocols for symptomatic individuals (see below):
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache, when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
The full DESE guidance can be found at https://www.doe.mass.edu/covid19/on-desktop/protocols/protocols.pdf
There are many available sites that accept walk-in appointments such as CVS and Walgreens. And of course, you may contact your primary care physician and community health centers. For more information on vaccination sites, please visit www.mass.gov/covidvaccine.